6 Best Drugstore Liquid Lipstick – Reviews And Buying Guides 
Liquid lipstick is the most hyped item in the makeup industry. Makeup trends, styles have changed drastically in recent years. Liquid lipstick is one of them.
10 years back, if you have said to someone that can we make a liquid lipstick, then he/she would have laughed at you.
But now things have changed. Liquid lipsticks are quite different from traditional bullet lipsticks.
First of all, they are in liquid form. But don’t mix it up with lip glosses. Because those have a thick consistency, and their primary target is to give your lips a shiny and glossy look.
Liquid lipsticks have liquid textures, some are very watery, and some have a bit thicker but still liquid consistency. Liquid lipsticks are mostly matte and have a variety of shades that you can’t imagine on bullet lipsticks.
Buying liquid lipsticks can cost you a good amount of money. But thankfully, the drugstore has some hidden gems for you.
In the past few years, ‘ drugstore brands have come up with high quality and affordable liquid lipsticks. In this article, I will help you to choose the best drugstore liquid lipstick.
6 Best drugstore liquid lipsticks
Drugstore brands have quite a few formulas of liquid lipsticks recently. You can choose whichever is suitable for you. These will provide you a good quality product with a bearable price range.
Here are some of the popular drugstore liquid lipsticks:
1. Maybelline SuperStay Matte Ink Un-nude Liquid Lipstick
This is one of my favorites. If you want a lipstick that will last you for an entire day, then this is the one.
As the name goes, the Maybelline Superstay Matte ink is like ink or tattoo to your lips. It’s like liquid lipstick on steroids.
The formula is a bit thick and easy to spread on lips. One swipe is enough, and you don’t need to build up the color intensity.
It dries down quickly and gives you smudge-proof lips. This lipstick is so long-lasting that you need to put some extra work while getting them off from your lips. These won’t come off without oil-based remover or Vaseline.
I always prefer to use Vaseline to clean up lips, because it’s the safest and also doesn’t dry out your lips.
But be careful while applying, the wand has a bent side, and use that to line your lips. It dries out fast, so make a precise application with bold shade.
- The lasting power is impressive.
- It has some unique and pretty shades in this line.
- It doesn’t transfer at all.
- It has a light formula and doesn’t feel thick on the lips.
- Fastest drying drugstore lip care product
- You need to be extra careful while applying.
- You always have to use an oil-based remover for this lipstick.
2. NYX PROFESSIONAL MAKEUP Liquid Suede Cream Lipstick
If you are not a fan of the super matte formula and prefer something more comfortable on lips, then NYX Professional Makeup Liquid Suede Cream lipstick can be your favorite.
This lipstick has a creamy texture that is much easier to apply. It will also give you a matte finish but not feel drying.
These liquid lipsticks are super pigmented, and you can use it in one swipe and get the desired color. This solution ensures full coverage with the long-lasting formula.
This suede cream range of NYX comes in bold shades. So for late-night parties of fancy dress parties, you can use bright colors. This line has some unique shades that we don’t usually see in drugstore brands.
The applicator is in doe foot shape and also a bit bend towards the tips. This bent tip helps to line up your lips while applying.
- Good quality product in a budget.
- This line has some unique, bold shades.
- These are comfortable on lips.
- Matte lip gloss
- This item is cruelty-free.
- This lipstick is not transfer-proof.
- The bolder colors will need multiple coats to get the color payoff.
- It has a chemical smell.
3. Jordana Sweet Cream Matte Liquid Lip Color
The Jordana sweet cream matte liquid lipstick has a comfortable formula. These are not very watery and easy to apply. The lipstick is very light on lips and does not over dry your lips.
The wear time is average, but the color payoff is very good. With the price point, you can get a fairly good quality of liquid lipsticks.
This range from Jordana has some beautiful colors with a creamy texture, from everyday use to special occasions. You will find the shade for everything.
The packaging is also handy that you can put it in your purse and go out. The lipsticks have a velvety texture and don’t feel sticky on the lips.
- It has a very affordable price range.
- The lipstick is comfortable on the lips.
- It dries out completely and doesn’t feel sticky.
- The lipstick has a matte finish.
- It can transfer is you eat oil-based food.
- It can have a flaky texture after 5 to 6 hours after application.
4. wet n wild Megalast Liquid Catsuit Lipstick
This is a cult-favorite product. Everyone went crazy when Wet n Wild launched the mega last liquid catsuit lipstick. I own almost all of the shades. This lipstick will provide you high quality at such a low price.
The formula is not watery, so anyone can easily apply on lips. The texture is very light and dries completely matte on lips. The liquid catsuit stays for a decent amount of time on your lips.
This range has some bold berry colors that were sold out in minutes when it launched. The color payoff is amazing, and you hardly need two swipes, maybe for the nude shades.
The lipstick glides on smooth and dries out fast. The applicator is also unique. Is has a scoop on the tip area that holds lipstick for you.
So you don’t need to go back to the tube and take out more lipstick. The wand shape is also helpful for precise application.
- This line has some beautiful shades.
- Very affordable in price.
- The packaging is nice and gives bold shade
- The formula is light and comfortable on lips.
- It doesn’t crack your lips.
- An ideal applicator
- This item is vegan and cruelty-free.
- The darker colors can be a bit patchy.
- It dries out quickly, so careful while you apply.
5. Revlon Ultra HD Lip Mousse Hyper Matte, Liquid Lipstick
Revlon is well known for excellent lipstick formulas, and this Ultra HD Lip Mousse is not different from them.
This lipstick has a creamy but matte formula that stays on your lips for hours. It doesn’t come off quickly, so you don’t have to re-apply.
There are 16 different shades in this range. So there is a color for every mood. The ultra HD lips mousse has intense pigmentation, and you don’t need to go back and apply for opacity.
It is comfortable on the lips and won’t feel cakey or flakey.
Perfect for dry lips. This solution comes with proper damping formula and gives the ultra-glow all day long.
- It has a matte formula.
- Very comfortable on the lips.
- Easy to apply.
- It feels super lightweight.
- It doesn’t flake throughout the day.
- The colors have HD formula so can be very bright.
- This lipstick is not transfer-proof.
6. E.l.f. Liquid Matte lipstick
E.l.f. is known for its affordable price range. When it came out with liquid lipstick, everyone went on trying them.
E.l.f launched its bestselling lip crayon colors in liquid lipstick form. The creamy liquid lipsticks will set on your lips quickly and give a long-lasting matte finish.
These lipsticks also enriched with Vitamin E that nourishes and moisturizes your lips. As liquid lipsticks usually have a dry formula, so Vitamin E gives your lips the extra moisturizer.
The wand has a diamond-shaped tip that can be used to line your lips for a more defined look.
- The price is very low.
- The wand shape is easy to use.
- The line has some beautiful everyday colors, suitable for all skins.
- The lipsticks have Vitamin E in them.
- Glossy finish
- The product has a plastic smell.
- The lipstick doesn’t last for a long time.
- You need to re-apply in a few hours.
Why choose drugstore over high-end?
Well, not everyone can afford a liquid lipstick that comes with a hefty price. I know high-end liquid lipsticks look intimating. From packaging to colors and quality. But it also comes at a high price.
So to keep your budget low, yet to go with the trend will require you to buy some from the drugstore.
Plus, liquid lipsticks have tricky colors. Some may not look the same as they look on your mobile or computer screens. Some liquid lipsticks get deeper after it dries down.
So why spend a huge amount of money after just one high-end lipstick. Here the drugstore makes an entry to your vanity.
Liquid Lipsticks and its benefits
Every person’s choice of liquid lipstick can be different. Some would prefer matte over satin formula, some would want just a unique color, and some would want longevity.
Depending on your preference, you will choose the one that is perfect for you.
Liquid lipsticks have some unique featured. Here are they:
- Liquid lipsticks have matte to semi-matte formula.
- They are smudge-proof and doesn’t come out quickly.
- You can have a precious application with the applicator.
- You can have a fuller lip with a liquid lipstick and don’t need to use lip liner always.
- Liquid lipsticks have a unique variety of colors.
- They last longer than traditional lipsticks.
- You will always find a shade for every occasion.
- The pigmentation is more intense than the traditional bullet lipsticks.
So there were the popular and good quality liquid lipsticks from the drugstore.
My personal favorite is the Maybelline Superstay Matte Ink. For liquid lipstick, the first thing I look for is a long-lasting formula.
This item serves this requirement. You just need to apply once and do not have to worry about it throughout the day.
I don't like touch-ups when I am out. This lipstick is smudge-proof, still has a comfortable formula. It is so light that you haven't felt that you have lipsticks on your lips.
Maybelline nailed down the liquid lipstick game at a reasonable price point. The packaging is also lovely, and the tube shows the lipstick color you will get. This is my absolute favorite drugstore liquid lipstick, and I am sure you'll love it too.