For a proper skincare, you need to use a face serum. Do you know about it? Well, a face serum is now a revolutionary face product that every girl should add in their skincare routine.
Depending on your skin type and requirements, you will choose the right face serum for you. It delivers some extra nutrition to your skin.
You may ask, I already use a good face cream, scrub, and mask. Then why would I need a face serum?
Well, a face serum has the skincare ingredients that do something to our skin in a concentrated form—for example, hyaluronic acid, acids, retinoid, etc.
Don’t be scared by hearing all these confusing names, these are entirely safe and does a bunch of good thing to your skin.
They help to treat dryness, acne, and dark spots. You will see visible changes after using face serums within a month.
There are some high-end brands that will provide you the best skin, but it will cost you a lot. These face serums can be very intimidating, but the price is also a big issue.
You will be happy to know that drugstore brands have also come up with face serums. These also work well and gives you glowing, healthy skin.
In this article, I will suggest some of the best-rated drugstore face serums that actually work.
7 Best Drugstore Face Serums Reviews 
The drugstore has to offer you a lot of face serums. After my research, I have found out some of the hidden gems from the drugstore.
1. Vitamin C Serum by L’Oreal Paris, Revitalift Derm Intensives Vitamin C Serum
Vitamin C serums are used to get brightness and glow on your skin. This serum has 10% concentrated Vitamin C in it, which helps to boost your skin complexion.
It also reduces wrinkles. You will notice visible brightness in 2 weeks of application. This light formula absorbs in your skin fast and removes the oiliness. You won’t feel any heaviness of your skin.
You can use it before a moisturizer, and the serum gives you a matte look. This fragrance –free serum can be used daily. The highly concentrated, potent ingredients deeply penetrate your skin and boost your complexion.
- It boosts your complexion.
- Paraben-free formula.
- Lightweight and absorbs fast.
- For daily usage.
- Maximizes collagen production
- This serum is pricey.
- You have to use a sunscreen in the day time.
2. No7 Lift & Luminate Triple Action Serum
If you have dry and dull skin, then this is the serum for you. The triple-action formula hydrates your skin. This also works to remove fine lines and dark spots.
After use, you will see an instant glow and lift on your skin. After regular use for 2 weeks, you will see visible improvement on your wrinkles. It removes dark spots effectively.
This serum is hypoallergenic, which means sensitive skin people can also use this serum without any side effects.
No7 is famous for its anti-wrinkle technology, and this face serum is one of their bestsellers.
- Hypoallergenic formula.
- It is made with advanced anti-wrinkle formula.
- It removes dark spots and blemishes.
- It gives your skin an instant glow.
- Boots moisture and enhances the natural beauty
- It can cause whiteheads.
- The formula is sticky.
3. Aveeno Positively Radiant MaxGlow Infusion Drops
This serum is for a dull skin day. You can apply this serum in the morning and instantly boost your skin.
This serum is enriched with soy moisture and kiwi extracts that give your skin a healthy glow. The soy moisturizer gives your skin 48-hour moisture protection. It also even tones your skin and texture.
Your skin will glow from inside. You can also use this serum with your favorite moisturizer to give your regular skincare products some extra help.
This serum is hypo allergic and paraben-free. The ingredients are organic and don’t have any side effects. It makes your skin soft.
- Soy moisturizer provides 48-hour moisture to your skin.
- Kiwi extract boosts your complexion.
- Easy to use and a reliable drugstore skincare product
- It doesn’t have any side effects.
- Sensitive skin people can also use this serum.
- Not for oily skin people.
4. Neutrogena Hydro Boost Hydrating Hyaluronic Acid Serum
Neutrogena is well-known for its amazing face products. This serum is from its hydro boost line. This serum is specially designed for dry to extra dry skin.
This hyaluronic acid serum gives a high level of hydration to dry and dull skin. By using this serum daily, you will get bright and moisturized skin.
Hyaluronic acid is found in your skin already; this serum helps to get you 100 times extra hydration. The unique hydrating formula helps to get a soft, supple, and hydrating skin.
The serum absorbs quickly and gets under your skin to deliver the extra hydration. The formula is oil-free and non-comedogenic. It doesn’t clog your pores.
- It gives extra hydration to your skin.
- Makes your skin soft and glowing.
- It doesn’t clog your pores.
- It can be used daily.
- Not suitable for oily skin.
- It has a strong scent.
5. RoC Retinol Correxion Deep Wrinkle Facial Serum
This is anti-aging face serum and a good remedy for acne-prone skin. If your skin is showing the signs of aging, then add this serum to your skincare routine. This serum is loaded with retinol.
This serum enriches a rich amount of active ingredients. It works best to smooth fine lines and wrinkles. This serum boosts cell turnover and increases collagen production.
By using for 2 weeks, your fine lines will start fading, and you will see visible changes. The light, the silky formula absorbs in your skin fast.
It also contains magnesium, zinc, and copper that helps to resurface newer skin. The velvety formula will leave your skin soft and smooth. You can use this serum daily.
- It reduces fine lines and wrinkles.
- The serum has a light and velvety texture.
- It absorbs in your skin fast.
- Suitable for all skin types.
- Produces collagen in your skin cells.
- The scent is strong.
- The serum quantity is not enough.
6. Face Serum by Olay, Skin Cooling Serum Stick
Olay is another reliable company that has been in the market for a year. This serum stick from Olay gives hydration and gives instant radiant skin.
As the serum comes in a stick packaging, it is very easy to apply and less messy. The cooling formula is made with cactus water, that gives intense hydration in your skin.
It leaves your skin soft, smooth, and plump. It is enriched with Vitamin B3 and cactus water, which are known for their antioxidants and mineral properties.
You simply glide on the stick all over your face to get the hydration. After that, you can apply your regular moisturizer.
- It delivers extra hydration to your skin.
- It makes your skin soft and smooth.
- Cactus water calms your skin.
- Easy to use.
- This item is pricey.
- Not suitable for sensitive skin.
7. Differin Dark Spot Correcting Serum
This face serum from Differin can remove your dark and acne spots. The main active ingredient of this serum is hydroquinone.
It is a lightening agent that inhibits melanin production of your skin. You can use it once a day and will get better results in a few weeks.
This serum gradually fades acne and blemishes from your skin. Sea Buckthorn Berry Oil works as an antioxidant and helps to soothe your skin.
It also has citric acid that helps to resurface new skin. The serum is paraben-free.
After cleansing your face, you will apply this serum to the targeted dark spots. Then you can apply your regular moisturizer on top of it.
- It removes dark spots and acne marks.
- It reduces blemishes.
- It helps to soothe your skin.
- It will generate newer and softer skin.
- It can be harsh for sensitive skin people.
- The scent is strong.
Benefits of Using a Face Serum
Face serums have been on the trend from the past 2/3 years. They have been one of the essential items in every women’s skincare routine.
Depending on your age, skin concerns, and skin types, you will need a face serum. If you have dry skin or your skin looks dull, then use a hyaluronic face serum. Retinoid is used for treating dark and acne spots.
Here are some benefits of using a face serum:
- Reducing signs of fatigue. If you don’t have a proper sleep, your skin may look dull. A face serum helps you to get the proper hydration.
- They are minimizing the appearance of pores. If your skin has large pores, then it gets difficult to work with makeups and create a flawless base. Serums help to reduce pores and also keep them oil-free.
- Serum molecules can penetrate your skin and go deep in your skin cells. As a result, you get a smooth and soft skin.
- Anti-aging serums help to reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.
- Serums help your skin to retain the moisture. It gives an extra dose of hydration to your skin.
- Face serums have a lightweight formula that absorbs in your skin quickly. You will feel your skin plumped and fresh after using it.
How to use a Face Serum
A face serum can be used at any time of the day. The best time to use a face serum is at night. After cleaning and toning, you will use a face serum.
Few drops are enough. Gently massage the serum all over your face. After that, wait 2/3 minutes and apply moisturizer.
You will see a healthy and fresh skin in the morning. You can use a face serum daily, or in every 2/3 days depending on your skin issues.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs):
How effective hyaluronic acid serum?
Typically, the hyaluronic acid comes with a couple of benefits. It increases the moisture level to dry skin and recover the dead cells.
Moreover, this agent helps to blur the fine lines, acne-prone, and other imperfections. Also, it removes redness and improves skin texture.
When and how to use a facial serum?
To get the ultimate cure from fine line, acne-prone, and wrinkles within a short time; use it twice a day. You have to apply it to the entire facial area and neck.
With so much pollution that we face in our daily life, our skin goes through a lot of stress. It needs some extra help with the simple skincare routine.
Face serums play an important part in this. You might think that face serums are additional, and not everyone needs that. But sorry to say, you are wrong.
We need to have a face serum in our daily routine. Or else your skin might grow old fast; it might show other skin concerns like dullness.
The serums that I mentioned in the article are perfect for your skin. They have a different price range, but they will deliver the extra help to your skin.
My personal favorite is the Neutrogena Hydro Boost Serum. You can use it daily, and it contains hyaluronic acid. This acid is already present in our skin, and almost everyone needs some extra hydration to the skin.
The formula is light and quickly absorbed. The serum also doesn’t clog pores. So you won’t have any breakouts.
Considering the quantity and the price point, this serum is your ideal choice. Other serums that I listed are also good. Depending on your skin issues, you may choose any of these.