2012 is known as the turning point of the makeup world when Kim Kardashian tweeted a before and after photo of herself.
Well, It all started from there, and people realized they could change the shape of their face with just a stroke of the brush.
You can use powder contour or cream contour. But nothing beats a product that can be easily used while traveling as well as delivers excellent performance.
That’s why you need to learn how to use a contour stick! And if you are just starting, stick contour is the best option for you. Another benefit is you can apply it quickly and perfect for party makeup.
We emphasize on using a quality stick. So let’s have a closer look and find out the perfect one. Here is the list:
5 Best Drugstore Contour Stick Comparison Chart :
|NYX Professional Makeup Wonder Stick||5.0||Check Latest Price|
|L’Oreal Infallible Longwear Foundation Shaping Stick||4.8||Check Latest Price|
|Maybelline Master Contour V-Shape||5.0||Check Latest Price|
|Maybelline Fit Me Shine-Free + Balance Stick Foundation||4.9||Check Latest Price|
|Physicians Formula Insta Ready Contour Stick||4.7||Check Latest Price|
5 Best Drugstore Contour Stick Reviews :
- NYX Professional Makeup Wonder Stick
- L’Oreal Infallible Longwear Foundation Shaping Stick
- Maybelline Master Contour V-Shape
- Maybelline Fit Me Shine-Free + Balance Stick Foundation
- Physicians Formula Insta Ready Contour Stick
One of the best things about this brand is that their products are of high quality, but the prices are drugstore prices.
Usually, people seem that contouring is a harder job. But this kit will provide you a new experience. The Wonder Stick is a dynamic duo! It is creamy and blendable. Highlight on one side and contour on the other makes it super easy to use.
There are four colors available for this product: light/med, med/tan, deep, and universal. It is effortless to control, super-rich, and creamy texture. The contour side glides on perfectly and blends super smooth with the rest of the makeup on the face.
Things you will like
- Fastest and effortless blending
- Free from side-effect
- great for every day use
Limitation & drawbacks
- Some users are not satisfied with the shade range.
- the fair shade is more warm on my skin and pulls orange .
- the highlight side is much harder to blend than the contour side .
- the packaging is average.
- Product Dimensions: 1.8 inches x 1.2 inches x 4.3 inches
- Product weight: 0.32 ounces
- Shipping Weight: 1.4 ounces
- ASIN: B01D8BV4VG
2. L’Oreal Paris Makeup Infallible Longwear Foundation Shaping Stick, Up to 24hr Wear, Medium to Full Coverage Cream Foundation Stick, 407 Natural Beige, 0.3 oz. :
This velvet stick offers you a decent glow after perfect applying. This product is quite safe for all types of skin. This is a multi-tasking foundation stick which you can use as a contour as well.
The creamy, glide-on formula of Infallible Shaping Sticks melts into the skin. It provides weightless, long-wear coverage that doesn’t cake.
Infallible Shaping Sticks are available in 12 shades to cover, conceal, highlight, and contour .it can be used as an under-eye concealer as well.
This product is very light and sheer. I love the way it makes me feel when I’m wearing it. It’s medium coverage that can be built up and melts into your skin.
It has built-in sunscreen, which makes it my favorite. It does not last all day long, but it will easily last 5 to 6 hours, even if you’re sweating. You can make it last longer with setting spray.
It is definitely a good drug store makeup purchase, and I would recommend it to all.
- Natural look
- Simple application
- melts into skin
- Reliable foundation stick
- Multi use
- not too many shades for darker skin tone
- Product Dimensions: 1 x 1 x 4 inches ; 0.8 ounces
- Shipping Weight: 0.8 ounces
- ASIN: B07C8XNLRD
- Product weight: 0.16 ounces
3. Maybelline New York Makeup Facestudio Master Contour V-Shape Duo Stick, Medium Shade Contour Stick, 0.24 oz
Maybelline Facestudio Master Contour V-Shape Duo Stick is very easy to glide. It comes in a twist-up stick, that is half contour and half highlight stick.
This has no shimmer in it at all, so it looks matte on the skin. It has two sides: a dark one to contour your cheeks and a light one to highlight the tops of your cheekbones.
The kit is suitable for a natural look. You will get a beautiful jawline. Also, you can apply it for the forehead, nose, even for lips.
It is simple to apply and lasts all day long. It is travel-friendly and an excellent product for beginners as it comes with proper instruction on how to use.
- A. creamy matte finish
- B. blends beautifully
- C. Durable
- less costly alternative of high end brands
- limited shades.
- Product Dimensions: 1 x 1 x 3.4 inches ; 0.64 ounces
- Shipping Weight: 0.6 ounces
- ASIN: B01DPA8AQ2
4. Maybelline New York Fit Me Shine-Free + Balance Stick Foundation, Porcelain, 0.32 oz:
Yes, although its a foundation stick, this product can be used for contouring. This one is one of my favorite products. Cause, Maybelline always generates high-quality drugstore.
It is a lightweight gel foundation. This formula is creamy, and it gives you a natural matte finish, which makes it perfect for contouring, and it blends just beautifully.
You need to find the perfect shade for contouring. You need to find a shade two-tone darker than your foundation. shade..
Maybelline Fit Me Shine-Free Foundation is available in 12 different shades starting from pale to dark. this product is fabulous for contouring.
- Prominent stick and you will enjoy master contour
- Goes on creamy and transforms to a matte powder finish
- Simple application
- You can achieve celebrity makeup
- less long-lasting
- Product Dimensions: 0.9 inches x 1.7 inches x 1.7 inches
- Product weight: 0.32 ounces
- Shipping Weight: 1 ounce
- ASIN: B00DQLN3Y0
Physicians Formula Super BB Insta Ready Contour Stick is a multi-tasking all-in-1 Contour Trio BB Stick. It instantly contours and add definition to the faced.
The formula is Velvety soft and gives a perfect finish. The stick is easy-to-use, and it has three essential contouring shades to perfect highlight, bronze, and contour with just one swipe.
When I first saw it, I thought there was no way that these three lines could fit everyone’s face. But I was surprised how well it worked.
There’s a detailed photo of the package that shows how to use it. You can use the three shades at once along your cheekbones. Or use the highlight and contour shades on their own, too.
I tried blending with my fingers, a brush, and also a sponge. They all worked well. The directions recommend using fingers. And a brush works excellent as well.
Overall, this is a regular and essential part of your makeup bag. And you can get a product like this at this price point. I loved the outcome! It’s effortless to use, and the formula glides on really smoothly.
Things you will like
- 3 in one product
- perfect product for quick contouring
- Fastest formula and provides a matte finish
- blend very well
- easy to use
- It has SPF 30 sun protection
Limitation & drawbacks
- Cool-toned contour for pale skin.
- smells like paint.
- the bronze and highlighter shades are shimmery
- A. Product Dimensions: 5.3 x 1.8 x 1.3 inches ; 0.8 ounces
- B. Shipping Weight: 1.6 ounces
- C. ASIN: B00TKJIF5O
Best nose contour:
Kiko Milano is an excellent stick and mainly for nose makeup. It highlights your nose and makes it more attractive.
Also, I prefer the Maybelline items.In this case, a better option is choosing the medium-light shades. And these two models have better shading capability.
Best contour kit for oily skin:
For your greasy face, I suggest using any high-quality powder contour. Cause, the integrated elements can provide more absorbency.
But you cannot ignore the required dumping.
Best drugstore makeup for black skin:
For a darker skin tone, you need to choose darker shades for contouring. You can check the drugstore contour palette reviews.
You can use:
- Black Opal Finishing Powder.
- Iman Cosmetics Foundation Stick.
- L.A. Girl Pro Concealers.
- Shea Moisture Illuminating Powder.
- Black Radiance Contour Palette
Frequently Asked Questions:
Is a beauty blender better than a brush?
Most beauty blenders allow the foundation to be effectively pressed onto the skin, gives you a more flawless, natural look. If you’ve got dry skin, a beauty blender is suitable for you because the brush’s bristles can irritate your skin and make it look flaky.
Can you use bronzer to contour?
A bronzer doesn’t achieve the same natural look that a contour shade should. Use your matte bronzer as a light dusting to help warm your skin tone and give subtle depth. Then apply your contour shade for a more angular and sculpted appearance.
How can I pick the right shade of blush?
If you want to get natural-looking skin:
- You should pick a blush with the same undertone as the skin.
- For a bold looking blush, choose a blush with the opposite undertone as your skin.
- For a warm skin tone, pick one with a warm blush shade for a natural look and a cool blush shade for a pop of color.
Is cream or powder contour better?
The cream contour gives you more natural-looking skin that steps away from that dated makeup-y look. This is excellent for everyday wear and is much quicker to work with compared to powders. Powder contour gives you a more chiseled, defined look, and a perfect matte finish.
Contouring has become an essential part of our makeup bag now, and it is no longer limited to makeup artists only.
Cream contours are a convenient product to use while traveling. So consider perfect contouring on your regular makeup routine with these fantastic products.