Blushes are one of the essential makeup products in our makeup routine. But it is underrated by most people. Blush plays a vital role in giving your skin a natural flush and a healthy glow.
If you don’t apply Blush, your face will look flat, and it may look unnatural too. The secret to finding your perfect Blush depends on your natural skin tone. Check our article on the best drugstore makeup to cover tattoos as well.
Choose a color that compliments your skin tone and gives a natural flush and enhances your glow. But don’t choose a color that is too loud for you.
For example, if a cool-toned fair skin girl wants a dark berry-toned Blush, then it will look unreal and funny. So better know some critical points about your skin tone before investing in blushes.
Olive skin tones mean your skin has a moderate brown or tanned look. It is also described as a yellow or green undertone.
You don’t have to invest in high-end brands to buy the perfect Blush for you. Drugstores have quite a few bestsellers for every skin tone.
First, learn a little about your complexion and undertone. We are very fortunate, as drugstore brands have quite a lot of different colored blushes to offer.
5 Best Drugstore Blush for Olive Skin Comparison Chart 
|Milani Baked Blush – Luminoso||4.9||Check Latest Price|
|Maybelline New York Fit Me Blush||5.0||Check Latest Price|
|NYX Professional Makeup Powder Blush||4.8||Check Latest Price|
|E.l.f. Blush Palette||4.8||Check Latest Price|
|COVERGIRL Instant Cheekbones Contouring Blush||4.9||Check Latest Price|
Drugstores now have lots of brands, from where you can choose. Each brand has a vast number of variety of blushes to choose from.
5 Best Drugstore Blush for Olive Skin Reviews 
- Milani Baked Blush – Luminoso
- Maybelline New York Fit Me Blush
- NYX Professional Makeup Powder Blush
- E.l.f. Blush Palette
- COVERGIRL Instant Cheekbones Contouring Blush
1. Milani Baked Blush – Luminoso (0.12 Ounce) Cruelty-Free Powder Blush – Shape, Contour & Highlight Face for a Shimmery or Matte Finish
This is one of the popular products not for olive, but all types of skin. This Blush has a luxurious formula, which is very surprising is such a low price. It gives a sun-kissed glow to your olive skin tone.
The baked formula is best performed if you apply with your fingers. Also, if you are using your beauty blender, then wet it before apply. Then it will enhance the glow more.
There are a total of 12 shades in this formula. My recommendation for olive skin is – Luminoso.
This blush item is remarkably great for olive skin tone. Even you will get a dramatic result on fair skin tone. The fact is it gives the facial area an extra glow.
Here you will get the bold shade like a bronzer.
Overall, to get a professional makeup at home, this drugstore blush is the perfect option for you.
(Caution: Avoid applying over the eye areas)
- It blends easily. You can use either brush or beauty blender for applying.
- It is very long-wearing. Even in summer, you will rock this Blush.
- It has a very lightweight formula that blends into your skin and gives a radiant glow.
- It has buildable coverage. Not super pigmented.
- Use carefully, as baked blushes can easily break.
- If you don’t like shimmer in your Blush, then it might not be the right product for you.
2. Maybelline New York Fit Me Blush, Berry, 0.16 fl. oz.
Maybelline Fit Me blush in shade berry is targeted for olive to dark skin people. It enhances the complexion and gives a beautiful flush to the cheeks.
The powder formula has a light and buildable coverage. So you can build up the intensity.
It is not too loud. It comes in 10 shades, and the Shade Berry is an excellent choice for olive skin tone.
Even you can apply it over the lips area (an ideal alternative of nude lipstick).
- Suitable for all skin types.
- It blends in your skin flawlessly.
- It has a very slight shimmer that gives a glow to your face.
- It has a creamy and smooth texture.
- Always look carefully before applying. As it is a dark shade, it might look intense if you apply too much. Tap your brush after taking the Blush from the pan.
- Not suitable for fair skin people.
- It doesn’t have a mirror with it.
3. NYX Professional Makeup Powder Blush, Pinched, 0.14 Ounce
This has a very pigmented formula for a drugstore brand. It gives a sheer but radiant color to your skin.
It blends evenly and adds a glow to your face. It is very long-lasting and stays for up to 6 to 7 hours.
It has 12 shades, and the color Pinched is a perfect match for olive skin tone people.
Also, this shade is matte and doesn’t have any shimmer or glitter. This range has some close dupes for MAC and Tarte Blushes.
Apart from giving a rosy look, this blush hides all visible blemishes. No need to add any foundation, setting powder or translucent powder after applying it.
Yes! It comes with the compatible action.
- It has a very lightweight formula that blends effortlessly.
- It is very easy to use. That makes it beginner-friendly.
- It stays on your skin for quite a few hours.
- The high pigmented formula, so be careful while applying.
- Not for Fair skin tone people.
4. E.l.f. Blush Palette Dark, 0.56 Ounce (16 Gram)
This compact blush palette has 4 different colors that you can use the whole year-round. All of the blushes have a powder formula. Three shades are completely matte, and 1 has light shimmer in it.
So, according to your needs, you can switch to any of the four colors. It can be a compact palette as you can use different colors for shading, Blush, or even highlight.
This palette is available in two shades – light and dark. The dark shade is suitable for olive skin tone people. The shades are richly pigmented so that a little amount can go a long way.
Besides the full coverage and shade variation, this powder blush has a long lasting effect. Moreover, you will love its smudge-proof character.
- You will get 4 shades in just one palette.
- Has a built-in mirror inside.
- The packaging is travel-friendly.
- The price is very low for multiple products inside the palette.
- Tap off the extra powder before applying to your cheeks. The colors can be overwhelming.
- Not for light or fair skin people.
This Covergirl palette will take care of your face makeup. It has a darker bronzer shade, a blush, and a highlighter. The lightweight, blendable formula can be applied evenly to your skin.
The shades are very natural looking and completely matte. It does not have shimmer in it.
It blends smoothly and won’t give a powdery look to your skin. Having 3 shades in one palette makes it the right choice for traveling.
It will fulfill your need for a quick touchup too. (If your skin is a bit dry, apply it after adding moisturizer)
- It has 3 different shade in one palette.
- It blends smoothly into your skin.
- Very budget-friendly.
- It doesn’t come with a mirror inside.
- The brush inside the palette is not good.
- The packaging is not good.
- The products can easily break or crumble.
6. HAN Skincare Cosmetics All Natural Cheek and Lip Tint, Toasted Nutmeg
This is a multi-purpose item that can be used both on cheeks and lips. It has a very gentle and natural formula that can be used on cheeks as a blush or on lips as a lip tint.
It comes in a balm formula. This multi stick is versatile and can give you a subtle and sheer look. This product does not contain any harmful or toxic ingredients; thus, it is completely safe to use.
The color is made of plant and mineral-based pigment and is free of animal cruelty. The sticks are very easy to use and beginner-friendly. This shade toasted nutmeg is best for olive skin people.
Its regular use gives the warm undertones with natural glow. Moreover, it never stain lipstick mark.
- This product is easy to use.
- Perfect choice for a subtle look.
- It gives a natural flush to your skin.
- Warm undertones
- This product is consists of Argan oil that will nourish your skin too.
- It is on the pricier side for a drugstore item.
- It has a strong smell.
- It can fade away quickly.
Factors to look for before buying a blush for Olive Skin
Here are some key points that can help you to choose a perfect blush for you.
- Look for warm-toned blushes. Darker blushes tend to complement olive skins. So go for some deeper colors.
- Don’t go for cool-toned blushes, as they will look ashy on you.
- Cream blushes look very beautiful on olive skins as cream formula gives a glowy look that brings out your complexion.
- Don’t use the only bronzer to your face as it will make your skin look darker. If you are using a bronzer, then use a color that gives a nice pop to your cheeks. Like a peachy blush will look amazing on olive skin people.
- Use bronzer first, then apply Blush. The bronzer will warm up your skin, and Blush will give a natural flush.
- I do not recommend liquid blushes, as they are tricky to use. There is a high chance that you might over-apply it.
- The best way to use powder blush is with a brush. For cream blush, you can use your fingers.
1. What is my undertone?
Ans: Look at the veins of your hands. If they look purple, then you have a cool undertone. If they look green, then you have a warm undertone.
2. What is the best color blush for Olive or Warm skin tone
Ans: Any color that complements your skin tone and brightens up your undertone is the Right Blush for you. Look for colors that bring out the natural glow in your face.
3. Which Blush is the best cream or powder?
Ans: Cream blush is best for summer, as they give an extra radiant glow to your skin. For everyday use, powder blush is the best choice.
4. What colors are suitable for Olive Skin as a blush?
Ans: Coral, pinks and berry tones are suitable for olive skin people. These colors give a natural flush and bring out the undertones quite well.